Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beer, Pizza, and Packing

It's Sunday evening, and we are mostly packed and ready to leave tomorrow a.m. for Paris! We have one suitcase and 2 backpacks...pretty proud of how light we are traveling considering all the toys and diapers that are coming with. I thought I would share a few tidbits from this last week before we go, because you know I'll have a TON to blog about once we get back from La Ville Lumiere (the City of Light)!

Last Sunday we met some friends from AWCA for Beerfest. We had some good beer, and it was great getting to know some new people. There are several families here with Ebay. One of the Ebay men, Larry, has a best friend in San Fran that used to be a client of mine. What a small world!!

Tuesday evening was haircuts at home for me and Ben. I went first...not a great haircut. I went out Wednesday morning to the salon downstairs to have it fixed. Much better now. Oh well, live and learn! More importantly, it was Ben's first real haircut (not counting the snips from Mom every now and then)! He did fantastic! He didn't fuss at all, I think he even kind of liked it. He looks like a completely different kid to me...very much a little boy instead of a baby.

Not too much excitement the rest of the week - the park, shopping, started packing, etc. We tried out a new pizza tonight (in honor of Uncle Nick and Shipley Tobin's days) - ham and "ananas" (Dutch word for pineapple). Pretty lekker (Dutch word for tasty)!!

Until next week, when the author of this blog will have entered into a new decade (30's, here I come!)

Take care, and hope everyone got their stimulus package so they can afford gas! $4 for gas is nuts!!

No comments: